EILZURR®️ lashing strap - cleaning
In order to ensure the longevity and optimal functionality of your EILZURR lashing straps, we will show you here how to go about your regular cleaning. Here is a guide on how to thoroughly clean your tie-down straps:
1st step: preparation
- Remove the lashing straps from your vehicle or transport platform.
- Make sure the straps are fully relaxed and have no tension.
2nd step: removing coarse dirt
- Gently tap the tie-down straps to remove loose dirt and debris.
- If necessary, use a soft brush to loosen stubborn dirt.
IMPORTANT - Check the lashing strap for giant
Before we go any further, we should ensure that your EILZURR lashing straps are in perfect condition and working optimally, you should regularly inspect them for damage. Here's a guide on how to check your tie-down straps for possible damage:
1st step: visual inspection
- Visually inspect the tie-down straps for obvious damage such as tears, wear, frays, or cuts.
- Also check the stitching, buckles, and ratchets for signs of breakage or looseness.
You found damage during the check and would like to check this further. On another link we have described exactly how you can check a lashing strap properly and adjust whether you are still allowed to use it...
3rd step: hand wash
- Fill a bowl with warm water and add mild detergent.
- Completely submerge the tie-down straps in the water and let them soak for a few minutes.
- Use your hands to gently rub the straps and loosen dirt.
- Be sure to thoroughly clean all areas of the straps, including the buckles and ratchets.
4th step: rinsing and drying
- Rinse the tie-down straps thoroughly with clean water to remove any soap residue.
- Gently squeeze the excess water out of the straps.
- Hang the tie-down straps in a well-ventilated place to let them dry completely.
- Avoid direct sunlight as this can damage the materials of the straps.
Step 5 : Check before use
- After the tie-down straps are completely dry, carefully inspect them for wear, damage, or deformation.
- Make sure all buckles and ratchets are working properly.
- If you notice any signs of damage, replace the tie-down straps to ensure safe use.
With regular cleaning and care, your EILZURR lashing straps remain in the best condition and offer you long-term reliability and safety when transporting your load.