EILZURR®️ lashing strap - test
To ensure that your EILZURR lashing straps are in perfect condition and function optimally, you should regularly inspect them for damage. Here's a guide on how to check your tie-down straps for possible damage:
1st step: visual inspection
- Visually inspect the tie-down straps for obvious damage such as tears, wear, frays, or cuts.
- Also check the stitching, buckles, and ratchets for signs of breakage or looseness.
2nd step: Tensile force test
- Take a tie-down strap and pull it slowly and evenly with your hands.
- Look for unusual stretching, sagging, or signs of weakness.
- The belt should be evenly resilient and not stretch excessively.
3rd step: ratchet and buckle test
- Open and close all ratchets and buckles several times to ensure they work smoothly and lock securely.
- Check for damage or deformation on the ratchets or buckles.
4th step: markings and certifications
- Check that the tie-down straps have all the necessary markings and certifications.
- These may include information on load capacity, manufacturer information and compliance with relevant standards.
5th step: Step: Replacement of damaged belts
- If you find any damage or defects during the inspection, you should replace the affected lashing straps.
- Do not use damaged straps as they may compromise the security of tying down your load.
It is important to carry out this check regularly, especially before each use of the tie-down straps. This allows you to ensure that your EILZURR lashing straps are reliable and enable safe transport of your load. If you have any doubts or questions, you should contact us or purchase new lashing straps if necessary.
EILZURR®️ lashing straps
Secure your new EILZURR lashing strap now. Get started straight away with your new lashing strap.